Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

This is my first time doing Wedding Wednesday. I plan on also doing Photography Friday, Sunflower Sunday, and Meaningful Monday. I am not going to limit myself to these categories, but I will plan on doing these four each week. 

I suppose I should try to define what Wedding Wednesday posts will be like, but at the same time, I want it to be open to not just my wedding plans and ideas, but other styles and DIY projects I see and like. 


I've never stuck to blogging before. I did it once as a project for a Photojournalism class I had, but once the class was over, I completely forgot about it. I am going to try my hardest to keep up with it  and get into this whole blogging world. You see, I am graduating in December from college with a Mass Communications Degree with an emphasis on Public Relations and Journalism. I figured blogging was bound to happen sooner or later, so I decided to jump right on into it. Because I am so new to it, you'll have to forgive me as things will probably be changing as I figure out how to use this thing.

For this first Wedding Wednesday post, I thought it would be a good idea to tell you a little bit about who I am, what the plan for my wedding is so far, and some of my general interests.

My wedding colors will be eggplant and chartreuse, thus the name of my blog. I love the words eggplant and chartreuse. Purple and green just won't do. One of the first things I was asked when I got engaged was, "What will your colors be?" I proudly said, "Eggplant and Chartreuse," as I pulled out two color swatches from my purse to show them. When I informed my own fiancĂ©, he had no idea what I was talking about. "Men," I thought. "He probably can't even tell the difference between navy and black." 


Let's just put it this way. I. Love. Succulents. No, that's not me in the picture (obviously) but I definitely want some succulents in my hair on my wedding day. Actually, succulents won't just be in my hair... they will be in my bouquet, on the tables, and sent home as favors. 

We will be having sort of a country/barn/nature themed wedding, but I'll tell you more about that next week. I'll also be sharing with you about growing succulents sometime in the near future. 

I'm really excited to get this blogging thing going, so I hope you check back with me on Friday to see some of my own photography! 

No comments:

Post a Comment