Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Black and White Wednesday

Wednesdays are no longer simply Wedding Wednesdays, I will be doing two posts now on Wednesdays, and the other will Black and White Wednesday!

I talked about my little buddy Charlie last week, so I figured I should introduce the little man and tell you his story!


We have had Charlie (a.k.a Chuck, Chucky, Chuckster, Chucky Brown, Charlie Brown, Charles, Sir Charles the Great, Sir Charles Poops a Lot, Charlizard, Baby, Stinker, Mutt Dog) for seven months now. We got him a couple weeks before Thanksgiving last year at the local Humane Society. Jon and I had not been looking to buy a dog, but we visited the Humane Society often just because of our love of dogs. However, we both lived in apartments that did not allow us to have a dog, so we had never actually thought of getting one before. We'd take puppies on walks, sit and play with them, and would forget about them after they were gone. Charlie, however, was a different story. One afternoon, Jon had been looking at the Humane Society's website, and said, "You have to see this dog." He brought up the website and showed him to me. I didn't fall in love with his picture (like his mama, he's not very photogenic) but we went that day to take a look at him anyway. Once we got there, we were just speechless. We got him out of the kennel, sat down and played with him outside, and just knew! Jon immediately called his parents and informed them that he was pretty sure we would be getting Charlie. The only problem was, he would have no place to live (and I am sure the little stray would not have liked to go back to the streets)! We made a plan to find Jon a new apartment as fast as we could in hopes that Charlie would not be adopted by the time we found a home for him! It was almost closing time though, so there was nothing we could have done that evening. The next day was a blur, looking online and driving around town in hopes to find Jon a new place to live that would accept dogs. Well guess what. We did! We hardly checked it out inside because we were just too excited and didn't really care at that point! The price was good, so he said yes. We went to the Humane Society and picked up that little dog as fast as we could and hugged him tight! He has been the best bone burying, hole digging, cuddly dog anybody could ever ask for. Before Jon and Charlie moved back to Oregon and when Jon had to work, Charlie and I spent our days going on walks together, studying together, napping together, baking together, and going to the dog park together. I can't wait till Jon and I can get a house with a yard for him!


A day at the park.

My handsome little man.


Charlie's first meal, the day we picked him up.
Charlie's first bath at home.


I learned he was not a fan of baths that day.

Our Happy Little Family.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a sweet dog! Great shots. And I think both of you are very photogenic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a little cutie! Great shots.

    Erika B

    ReplyDelete